Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Starting Private Counseling Practice Question About The Differences Between Social Work And Mental Health Counseling On Long Island?

Question about the differences between Social Work and Mental Health Counseling on Long Island? - starting private counseling practice

I would like a consultant and I am very interested in going for my masters degree in mental health counseling in New York ... Cases can not find a job (as an advisor to the school on Long Iceland as many of you know, is very difficult to find work, would like now), I put on my private practice with clients, as there. Now I understand that if you ... You can also create a private practice, which I think is great. Now I want to know is the willingness of insurers to my clients if I need a cover mental health consultant. I come from a family social worker and my mother and my aunt said it was good to go on a field of advice, if there is no insurance coverage for my patients. Mental Health Counseling will be started in New York in 2005 approved,It is perhaps not known to be insurance companies, such as social work is done ... How to ... Who knows if there are many insurance companies, mental health books ...?... cover are Please help me ... Thanks

1 comment:

Dr_Adven... said...

I think it is not a program for mental health counseling. You can relax in the programs of vocational guidance, counseling, educational counseling. Well, you probably also know that school counselors have not let this orientation programs. Most counselors are former teachers back to training. Advisors are academic advisors in the first place. Social workers in schools actually no longer working in mental health in schools (sometimes) as a school psychologist.

Now, is for the private practice of LPC is relatively new in New York and in most parts of the country. Most psychotherapy is conducted by private social workers. You can not third party billing before your license (3 of them and hasEars supervision after MA).

It is also important to know that the creation and operation of a successful private practice is growing. Not that this is not possible - just keep in mind that it takes time to create a basis.

DA

Post a Comment